Monday, November 2, 2009

Marriage Takes 3

So my husband and I get along in most big areas of our marriage like how to raise our kids, God/Jesus, where to go to church, making it to most family gatherings, and many other big things in our lives.

I think the thing that we get hung up is the man / woman thing. He thinks and communicates like a man, and me like a woman. I think that the longer you are married, the more you realize how differently each of us process the world. For example, if I say "I need a break, I am spent", he might think "What does she need a break from, does she need one right now? How can I help her with the break that she needs?" Until I ask him specifically what he is thinking when I say that, he sometimes just doesn't know what to say and I can't blame him. Sometimes it would be nice for him to read my mind, but God wouldn't have it that way .That is why he wants us to learn to communicate love and understanding to one another. He makes us work at it, but always helps us!

We just started praying together regularly (apart from saying Grace at dinner) and that has just opened a line of communication we have not experienced in a while. We saw the need to be close to each other in that way but just found it hard. That is such an intimate form of communication and even though we are both Christian, we found it hard. God is bringing us closer than ever before and I am thankful for that!
Marriage really does take 3 !

No comments:

Post a Comment